Sometimes a person wakes up, or even goes to bed, in a funk. They may have been in a good mood and then something occurs and BAM... they're in a funk. They don't know how they got in a funk, or maybe they do but they don't understand why, and the funk just continues for a while. I'm in a funk. I know the point at which brought me here but I don't know why I'm letting it affect me so much. Reflecting on the point of which brought me here doesn't give insight as to why I'm still funky though. I sit and I think. I sit and I think some more. I clean and I think. I eat and I think. All of this thinking just leads to thinking about thinking and I make no progress. I do however, have a clean house and a full belly. What must I do to bring myself back to the point of unfukiness? What train of thought must I hop on to be back to my normal lovable self?
Does having personal space effect my mood? Is being left alone really productive to my state of mind? Possibly. It gives me more time to think. It also makes me feel alone and abandoned. Looking on the flip side. If I had someone pushing me out of my funk would I push them away? Would it really help me discover and process my feelings any faster? Do I come across so independent that people feel I don't need them to over come funk? If the root of my funk were to bear it's self right now am I too a point where I could handle it and be alright, or do I need more time? Is funk something which disappears over time as the mind is distracted to other ideas?
I'm going to go to work and allow myself to be distracted and forget about why I'm in a funk. I don't like being in a funk but sometimes it just happens.
FUNK!
My day in a nutshell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You definitely get an award for the 'most uses of the word 'funk' in a blog.'
ReplyDeleteSorry you're in one. They hit me too sometimes. I find that doing something you absolutely love can help (like taking photos or going for a drive). Hope it passes soon!
Well I'm happy to say I've been unfunkafied. I'm happy!
ReplyDelete